Join our team!
PARTHENON THERAPEUTICS is discovering and developing novel anti-cancer medicines that are designed to reprogram the tumor microenvironment. Many cancers create immune exclusion barriers that prevent the immune system from attacking tumors. The Parthenon approach to overcoming these barriers is to modulate the interplay among cancer cells, stromal cells, and immune cells.
Our lead program, PRTH-101, is a first-in-class humanized monoclonal antibody that blocks the interaction of Discoidin Domain Receptor 1 (DDR1) with collagen, thereby "punching holes" in the extracellular matrix barrier created by the tumor. With the extracellular matrix barrier breached, immune cells are able to infiltrate and attack the tumor. PRTH-101 is poised to enter Phase 1 clinical trials.
PRTH-101 is followed by a pipeline of preclinical projects targeting orthogonal components of the tumor microenvironment that promote immune exclusion.
Parthenon combines its drug discovery and development efforts with a precision oncology approach to get the right medicines to the right patients. We use proprietary AI technology to digitally deconstruct the TME and develop unique insights to enable biomarker-driven patient selection strategies designed to guide clinical applications.
Parthenon is led by an experienced leadership team with extensive drug development experience and is backed by world-class investors.
to learn more.
We are seeking an exceptional and highly motivated Program Team Lead to lead crossfunctional antibody drug discovery program teams from target validation through clinical Development Candidate nomination and IND-enabling activities.
This role will report to the Senior Director – Tumor Immunology & Biotherapeutics and be responsible for developing & implementing the strategy to deliver Development Candidates by managing direct reports in addition to matrix and CRO management, as well as utilizing external consultants, and interfacing with the BoD, KOLs, and SAB members. Role & Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for leading all aspects of the program team in collaboration with colleagues and functional leads from Biology, Biotherapeutics, Protein Sciences, In Vivo Pharmacology, Translational, etc.
- Oversee the execution of internal lab-based biology activities to support target validation, hit-to-lead screening, lead optimization & selection, and Development Candidate nomination
- Coordinate reagent generation, assay development, antibody screening, demonstration of functional activity/efficacy/MOA both in vitro and in vivo; identification of PK/PD relationship; as well as IND-enabling activities such as CMC activities and tolerability/toxicity studies, patient/indication selection strategies & clinical biomarkers, working closely with IP counsel on patent strategy, and authoring of IND documents
- Represent the program internally (e.g., LT and BoD meetings) and externally, including communication & presentation of the program's progress at conference and through publications
Apply for this job at: email@example.com
- Previous experience as Biology Lead and/or PTL in an industry setting
- Direct experience with development of therapeutic antibodies
- Highly independent and self-motivated (with oversight from senior management), excellent at collaboration, communication, team building, and stakeholder management
- Extremely high scientific rigor, attention to detail, and highly organized
- A "can-do" attitude and self-motivated to drive programs forward
- An enterprise mindset with the ability to motivate/influence colleagues with excellent soft skills, positivity, and leadership qualities is a must
- Drug discovery & development expertise in the fields of immuno-oncology, immunology, oncology, or tumor microenvironment
- CRO management experience